To celebrate this years Valentines Day I am going to share with you my top 10 favorite red lipstick shades. I include a variety of shades for every skin tone. Ten lipsticks might be excessive but I wanted to include high end and drugstore options.
1. Jeffree Star Liquid Lipstick – Rich Blood
This such a gorgeous shade. Different than any of my other lipsticks. Its a classic red but with some subtle pink / purple shimmer. When applied on the lips the shimmer is so subtle that it looks reflective.
- Shop for it here : Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick – Rich Blood
2. NYX Cream Lipstick – Cherry Skies
I love this cream lipstick formula because its really moisturizing. Its a liquid lipstick but when applied it doesn’t leave your lips dry. It is not 100% smudge proof but it is a good option for people that don’t like the heavy liquid lipstick feeling.
- Shop for it here : NYX Liquid Suede – Cherry Skies
3. Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil – Cruella
I absolutely love this lipstick. Red lip colors can be intimidating but this feels so comfortable on you forget you are wearing a red lip, it feels like you are wearing a lip balm. This is another classic red but with yellow undertones.
- Shop for it here : Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil – Cruella
4. DLS Matte Lipstick – Phantom
This is a gorgeous bright red. It has orange undertones and dries completely matte, as we young people like to call this color “blood orange”. This is one of the most smudge proof lippies! It will stay on all day.
- Shop for it here : DLS Matte Lipstick – Phantom
5. Kat Von D Liquid Lipstick – Damned
A lot of dark liquid lipsticks are usually very streaky but this formula is one of the best liquid lipstick formulas I have tried. This one is for everyone feeling bold and want to make a statement.
- Shop for it here : Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick – Damned
6. ABH Liquid Lipstick – American Doll
This a classic red with blue undertones. This formula is perfect for Valentines because it is smudge proof and will last the whole day or night.
- Shop for it here : Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick – American Doll
7. ColourPop Satin Liquid Lipstick – Lost
Colourpop is one of my favorite makeup brands. Its affordable and make the cutest palettes. This is a tomato red and will look good on any skin tone. I prefer their satin formula over their matte formula. It just feels more comfortable on.
- Shop for it here : ColourPop Ultra Satin Liquid Lipstick – Lost
8. Sephora Cream Liquid Lipstick – Rose Wood
This is a dark brick red. I love wearing this with a simple eye look and it just looks and feels great. Also this liquid lipstick is so under rated and only $14.
- Shop for it here : Sephora Cream Lip Stain Liquid Lipstick – Rose Wood
9. Sephora #Lipstories Lipstick – After Hours
This is a matte, medium toned red. It works perfectly for every season. This is a new lipstick collection Sephora has out and I have to say it made me fall back in love with stick lipsticks.
- Shop for it here : Sephora #Lipstories Lipstick – After Hours
10. Jeffree Star Liquid Lipstick – Unicorn Blood
What can I say, I love me some Jeffree Star! This is a rusty red. GORGEOUS. AMAZING. PIGGGMENTED.
- Shop for it here : Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick – Unicorn Blood